Posted by StreetWise in Blog
Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. Social Media Week begins on September 24 and runs until September 29 with the mission to help people and organizations connect through collaboration, learning and the sharing of ideas and information.
StreetWise is happy to participate in Social Media Week for the first time ever. StreetWise is joining INSP in hopes of bringing the street paper movement to the social realm.
If you’d like to support StreetWise on Twitter during this week of social media mayhem, remember to use the hashtags #StreetWise and #SMWChicago in your posts on Twitter so we can follow your participation and collaboration!
Where is StreetWise on social media?
StreetWise has an impressive digital footprint, as our social media profiles include Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/StreetWiseChicago
StreetWise Social Media Week Campaigns
In honor of Social Media Week, StreetWise is also launching several fun digital campaigns that we hope you’ll take part in!
“Instagram Your Vendor” competition: Loyal StreetWise fans will compete to see who can snap the most pictures of StreetWise vendors during Social Media Week. Each photo must be tagged with #SMWChicago and #StreetWise to be considered an entry. The person with the most photos will win a complimentary month of StreetWise and a profile of their favorite vendor. The photos can be of the same vendor.
The StreetWise Blog: Keep your eyes peeled this week, as StreetWise will be launching not only the redesign of our entire website (www.streetwise.org), but also a new blog! This blog will include posts from our Executive Director Jim LoBianco, Editor-In-Chief Suzanne Hanney, Director of Marketing Brittany Langmeyer, StreetWise Editorial Interns, and StreetWise Vendors revolving around topics of social justice and Chicago trends.
The Digital Street Paper: StreetWise is launching a digital version of StreetWise Magazine coming this February! We hope to use the platform of Social Media Week to tell our supporters and the Chicago community about our new technological venture.
We will continue to update our experience at Social Media Week Chicago 2012 as the week progresses. Until then, find us @StreetWise_Chi or at any event listed below!
Schedule of StreetWise Events
StreetWise is also attending events throughout Chicago to participate in this year’s Social Media Week. Representing StreetWise at these events will be the Director of Design & Marketing/PR Brittany Langmeyer (@BrittLangmeyer) and our Digital Marketing intern Adrian Villalpando (@avillalpando773). Follow them and their tweets!
Monday, September 24:
• Getting closer to your customers: How Google+ can help 10 – 11 a.m.
• When Comedy Meets Social – creating something to laugh about 4 – 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 25:
• The Fame Game: Leveraging celebrities in Social Media 10 – 11 a.m.
• Keynote: Brad Keywell, Lightbank 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
• Social Media: You’re doing it wrong! 6:30 – 8 p.m. at Rockin Bar
Wednesday, September 26:
• Make your name Known: Personal branding in the world of social media 9 – 10 a.m.
• Social media and the changing face of employment 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
• Engage your audience: The Real-Time influence 3 – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 27:
• Social Video on any budget 9 – 10 a.m.
• Social media & mobile: is your social media strategy mobile ready? 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• The Social Plunge: Getting your CEO to dive in 1 – 2:15 p.m.
• Keynote: Chicago’s startup Masters 3 – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, September 28:
• Future trends and technology in social media 8:30 – 10 a.m.
• Social Media for Social Action 1 – 2:30 p.m.
• Keynote: Matthew Adell, Beatport, ‘Think Small, Go Big: The importance of engaging a community’ 2:30 – 4 p.m.
• Social Media Week Closing Night at Sound-Bar 7:30 – 10 p.m.
For more information about Social Media Week and how you can get involved please check: socialmediaweek.org.