You see it on the streets every day… folks with their heads down like children, mesmerized by a new toy, walking in an oblivious state. I watch in amazement every day as I’m standing on my spot as a StreetWise Vendor. It’s like watching lemmings teetering on the edge of a cliff. Have you noticed this? If so, are you concerned? I am! Here are 10 new bits to illustrate my point!
1. Man walks into a bear
2. Woman falls into a fountain
3. Woman walks off Lake Michigan pier
4. Woman falls into manhole
5. Woman runs over crossing guard while driving
6. Male bus driver crashes into van on highway
7. Cops in L.A. say there is 30 percent rise in phones being snatched from unwary texters
8. Pilot forgot to lower plane wheels while landing
9. 17-year-old boy rams car into 55-year-old man’s car. Man dies 18 days later. Boy now serving a year in jail.
10. Worldnews.com reports 5,000 people killed while driving and texting every year
The problem grows. The ignorance shows. If we don’t care, it’s everywhere.
To quote the late Walter Cronkite, “That’s the way it is.”
Sylvester Quast, StreetWise Vendor