StreetWise Social Services aims to to support individuals in their goals of attaining stability and to advocate for poverty alleviation in the community. StreetWise Social Services strives to affirm and empower individuals and oppressed groups.
StreetWise Social Services are available to current program participants in need of referrals to community resources, advocacy, and other support. Social Service staff utilize Harm Reduction, enabling individuals to self-identify goals and solutions. All services are provided in conjunction with The Night Ministry.
Walk-In Hours: Walk-In Hours: MOST Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, first come, first come, first serve, beginning at 10 am Calling ahead to check availability when possible is recommended!
Staff of the Social Service Department are dedicated to providing effective, comprehensive, and supportive services in accordance with StreetWise’s overall mission.
Social Services include, but are not limited to:
- Case management to connect to resources to meet basic needs and increase stability
- Housing referral, support and advocacy
- Partnership with Cabrini Green Legal Aid to help get criminal records expunged and sealed
- Monthly financial literacy workshops
- Assistance obtaining public benefits, including SNAP, medical insurance and care, People With Disabilities Ride Free, and others
- Help for getting necessary documents, including State ID’s and birth certificates
- Assistance connecting to public benefits, including County Care Medicaid Program
- Social Security disability application and support
- Substance abuse and Mental Health support and referral
Sarah serves as the Managing Director of Programs at StreetWise. Sarah holds a Master of Social Work degree from University of Illinois at Chicago’s Jane Addams College of Social Work. Sarah has several years of case management experience and has an extensive knowledge of services and community resources. Through her time at StreetWise, she has developed a new vision and structure for the social service department.
StreetWise Social Service Department works in collaboration with Jane Addams College of Social Work Field Department at University of Illinois at Chicago, the School of Social Work Field Division at Loyola University Chicago, and DePaul University.
Master of Social Work Candidates work as social service interns throughout the academic year and summer term.
Contact Sarah Brown
Phone: 773-334-6600 (x12)